Double Ropes

Double Ropes
My favorite obstacle

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Product Review - Reebock All-Terrain Sneakers

Last summer Reebock and Spartan Race held a sweepstakes - Reebok Spartan Race World Sweepstakes.    I won a pair of Reebock All-Terrain sneakers.  After many unexplained delays and emails, the sneaks finally arrived just before Christmas.  By that time I had bought another pair just in case.  The orange pair I won is for shorter length races (Sprint) while the blue pair for a present is for longer races (Super +).  So I am set for the season.

I didn't start trying the sneaks until mid-March after all the snow was gone.  I was told by others that these AT's don't hold up well after about five races.  So far mine are doing well after one very wet and muddy race plus a lot of training miles (mostly dry).

The size 11's I won are cut very tight.  There is no wiggle room in them.  So unlike running sneakers that are cut large so you can swap sole inserts, forget about it here unless you get a pair a half-size up (maybe).  So I am running without my insoles in sneakers that are pretty much spray painted to my feet.  They actually feel good that way.  They do drain well.  But again, because of the size issue and tight fit, there is very little support in these sneaks.  I was very concerned about that because the sneakers I usually use are designed specifically for injury prevention by the insoles and supports.  What we have here in these AT's is little more than an extremely light weight sneak that drains really well.

There's more.  I like the tread.  Great grip in all kinds of terrain.  The knobs really bite into the ground on the uphills.  Not too slippery on the wood ramps and walls.  They did what I needed them to do on my first race with 50+ obstacles.  So I expect when I take them to Tuxedo at the end of this month they will do just fine.

Thank you Reebock and Spartan Race for the cool sneaks sweepstakes prize.  I'll let you know more at the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment