Double Ropes

Double Ropes
My favorite obstacle

Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Season is Not Over Yet

I live in New Jersey, the Garden State.  Burlington County to be more exact.  And there are lots of farms around me.  In particular, there is Hammonton, the blueberry capital of the world.  Nobody grows more blueberries than right here in my backyard.  So I know a thing or two about blueberries.  The variety we all know and love was cultivated by Elizabeth White less than 200 years ago in what is now called Whitesbog, NJ.  They even have a festival named after her and her famous blueberries.

Sadly, the growing and picking season for blueberries just ended this last week.  But Proven-Nutrition has extended that season with their CORE All-Natural Blueberry Flavor drink mix.  The little amount of undissolved solids in this mix is sure proof that there's real blueberries in there.  And it tastes good.  I just hope they are Hammonton berries, and not Michigan!

I received five packets of this stuff last week.  Four of the single serving packets are gone.  Each one was consumed right after a training workout.  Another thing New Jersey is known for this time of year is heat and humidity.  This recovery drink also claims to "sustain mental focus and physical energy", and "replenish electrolytes for endurance and hydration".  I will definitely give it a thumbs up for that.  These were 95-degree plus days with the humidity pushing the heat index into the triple digits.  Drinking this stuff helped me feel great as soon as I got back in.  I have one large 300g package left.  I'm pretty sure when it is gone that I will order some more.

The packaging is good too.  It's biodegradable, vacuum sealed, and has a zip seal to keep it fresh.  I posted a short review earlier this week and got an instant response from one of the owner/developers.  So these people care about their product.  I like that.  Check them out at www.proven-nutrition.com.  Hopefully they will start showing up at race venues and festivals.  Mud runners and OCR folks are going to like this swag.

For comparison, I usually take a packet of Vega mix for my post-race rehydration drink.  I think this CORE blueberry mix does a better job, has an overall better and faster effect, and will definitely be with me at the August 22 Rock Solid finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment